Boards and Commissions
Current Board and Commission Vacancies
There are vacancies on the following boards and commissions:
- Building Authority - 1 partial term expiring Dec. 31, 2019
- Building, Fire & Sanitary Sewer Board of Appeals - 1 partial term expiring Dec. 31, 2018
- Historic District Commission - 1 partial term expiring Dec. 31, 2016
- Planning Commission - 1 partial term expiring Dec. 31, 2016
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 partial term expiring Dec. 31, 2016
Apply for Board and Commission Vacancies
Any qualified resident may submit his/her name or the name of another for consideration. The application is available below or at the City Manager Office, located at 320 West Broadway. A resume is requested with your application submittal.
Please complete the application and do one of the following:
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the document to send your application directly to the City Manager's office. (You will receive a confirmation email following your submission)
- Print and bring it to the City Manager's office in City Hall
- Print and mail it to: City Manager, 320 W. Broadway, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Board and Commission Meetings
The Boards and the City Commission meet regularly on a monthly basis, unless otherwise noted. Please use the listing below to learn about upcoming meetings.
All meetings are held at City Hall unless otherwise noted.
Airport Advisory Board
2nd Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
(monthly at airport; call 989-779-5401 for info.)
Building, Fire, & Sanitary Sewer Board of Appeals
Meets as needed
2nd & 4th Mondays at 7 p.m.
City Commission - Work Sessions
Downtown Development Board
3rd Thursday at 8 a.m.
Historic District Commission
2nd Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m. City Hall's Conference Room E (downstairs)
Parks and Recreation Commission
4th Tuesday at 7 p.m.
1st Thursday at 7 p.m.
TIFA and DDA
2nd Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. in City Hall's Conference Room A (upstairs)
EDC and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
Zoning Board of Appeals
4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.