Voter and Election Information
The City Clerk's office conducts all Federal, State and local elections held in the City.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for registering qualified voters, maintaining the voter registration files, hiring and training all election workers under their control, issuing absentee ballots for elections, keeping abreast of, and implementing, any new election laws, and ensuring the integrity of the voting process.
- Election Date: November 7, 2017
- Last day to register to vote: October 10, 2017
General Voter Information
- Click here to determine if you are registered to vote or to find your polling location
- Voter Registration Information
- Absentee ballots
- Election Inspector Application
Must also complete CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK AUTHORIZATION FORM and FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT DISCLOSURE AND AUTHORIZATION)
- Criminal History Background Check Authorization Form
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure and Authorization
- Candidate Petitions
City of Mt. Pleasant Voting Precincts
City residents can determine the voting precinct in which they vote by checking their voter registration card or calling the City Clerk's Office at (989) 779-5361. View a map of the precincts.
The City of Mt. Pleasant precinct locations are:
- Precinct 1 - Ganiard Elementary School, 101 S. Adams St.
- Precinct 2 - City Hall, 320 W. Broadway
- Precinct 3 - Pullen Elementary School, 251 S. Brown St.
- Precinct 4 - Mt. Pleasant High School, 1155 S. Elizabeth St.
- Precinct 5 - Kinney Elementary School, 720 N. Kinney St.
- Precinct 6 - Vowles Elementary School, 1560 Watson Rd.
- Precinct 7 - Fancher Elementary School, 801 S. Kinney St.
- Voting Precincts Map
Election Inspectors – Help Wanted
Unique opportunity to serve your community
2-6 days per year
8 or 16-hour shifts
$10.00 per hour - Inspectors
$12.00 per hour - Chairpersons
A registered voter in the State of Michigan
Sufficient education and clerical ability to perform the duties