City of Mt. Pleasant Home

Business Licenses & Applications

The City Clerk's Office is responsible for issuing business licenses as prescribed by Title XI, Chapter 110: General Licensing, of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant.

The City requires a license for each of the following:

  • Auctioneers
  • Circus, Carnivals
  • Junk Dealers, Junk Yards
  • Pawn Brokers
  • Peddlers
  • Taxicabs (including business license, cab registration, and driver permits)
  • Transient Merchants
  • Going out of business
  • Precious Gems and Metals

Information, forms, and fee schedules for these licenses are available by contacting the City Clerk's office at (989) 779-5361, stopping in at City Hall at 320 W. Broadway, or by clicking on information on this page.

Business Fees & Forms

Upon receipt by the City Clerk of an application for a license required under the business license ordinance, it shall cause an investigation of the applicant's business and moral character to be made for the protection of the public good. The investigation shall be conducted within two business days. The investigation shall include a criminal history check of the applicant.

  • Business License Form - Application for license as prescribed by ordinances including selling items door-to-door, in a temporary outdoor location, auctioneering, etc. ($10.00 look up fee due at this point)
  • Application for Sale Form - Application for going out of business, bankruptcy, closing, or sale of goods damaged by fire, smoke, water, etc.
  • Sidewalk License Application - Application for use of sidewalk right-of-way for sale of goods and/or services.
  • Application for Taxicab Drivers - Application to drive a taxicab within the City limits. ($10 look-up fee due at this point.)
  • Material Collection Hauler License - Application for license to pick up refuse and/or brush clippings within the City
  • City Hall Space Rental - Rules and regulations for City Hall space rental along with application
  • All forms may be printed out from your home or office and returned to the appropriate city office via mail, fax or walk-in.