Parking Violations and Municipal Ordinance Violations
|Violation||If Paid Within 7 Calendar Days||After 7 Calendar Days|
|Overnight Parking (71.27)||$15.00||$30.00|
|Metered Parking (71.04)||$15.00||$30.00|
|Yard Parking (71.29)||$15.00||$30.00|
|Over Time Residential (71.31)||$15.00||$30.00|
|Over Time Business (71.30)||$15.00||$30.00|
|Alley Parking (UTC Rule 813)||$30.00||$40.00|
|Prohibited Zone (MVC 257.674)||$30.00||$40.00|
|Left Wheel to Curb (UTC Rule 801)||$30.00||$40.00|
|Parked on Curb/Sidewalk (71.28)||$30.00||$40.00|
|No Permit (71.32)||$30.00||$40.00|
|Handicapped (MVC 257.674 (s))||$75.00||$100.00|
Please note: Failure to pay the fine will result in any or all of the following actions:
- Assessment of administrative fee for delinquent notice;
- Booting vehicle, or
- Collection agency referral.
- Pay your ticket online
- Appeal a parking ticket
- NOTE: This form inclues a "submit" button which will email it to the City Clerk's office. If you are unable to send it using the "submit" button, please save the document and email it to email@example.com
Municipal Ordinance & Citizen Responsibility
Options & Responsibilities
THE VIOLATIONS BUREAU DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE ANY DETERMINATION REGARDING ALLEGED VIOLATIONS
1. ADMIT RESPONSIBILITY
- Pay the fines and costs.
2. REQUEST THE VIOLATION BE RECONSIDERED
- Complete a "Request for Reconsideration" form. The request for reconsideration will be reviewed by the issuing officer and his/her supervisor. You will be notified by mail when the reconsideration has been completed. If the reconsideration is accepted, the ticket will be voided. If the reconsideration is denied, you must choose one of the other options listed on this page.
3. ADMIT RESPONSIBILITY WITH EXPLANATION
- Return the violation notice and your written explanation to the Bureau.
- A Municipal Ordinance Citation will be issued to you by the issuing officers.
- You will be notified by Isabella County District Court of your hearing date. They have the authority to re-determine your fine and costs.
4. DENY RESPONSIBILITY
- Notify the Violation Bureau you are denying responsibility for the alleged violation.
- A Municipal Ordinance Citation will be issued to you by the issuing officer's department.
- You will be notified by Isabella County District Court of your hearing date. You may request either an informal hearing with the Magistrate or a formal hearing with the judge.
- In an informal hearing neither side has an attorney. In a formal hearing the officer will have an attorney present, and you may be represented by an attorney.
- Request for Reconsideration Form