Throughout the Building Safety section of the website, you will find useful information, forms, and the documentation you need to keep your building project running on time and within building safety parameters.
The Department of Building Safety and Code Enforcement is committed to providing fair, knowledgeable, and consistent enforcement of the State and Local codes with the goal of protecting life, preserving property values, and safeguarding the public in the built environment.
Please note that once you obtain a building permit from the Building Safety department, you can pay for your permit online. You will need both the permit number and the amount.
Please contact our department to learn more.
Building Safety Forms & Helpful Information
- Choosing a Builder (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Contractor Information Form (PDF)
- Essential Information about Building & Zoning Permits (PDF)
- Inspection Guidelines for Builders (PDF)
- Local Code Information for Builders (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Final Inspection/Certificate of Occupancy Form (PDF)
- Rezoning Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit – Permanent & Portable (PDF)
- Zoning Approval Form (PDF)
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application (PDF)
- Emergency Egress Requirements (PDF)
- Roof Loading Data Sheet (PDF)
- Building, Fire and Sanitary Sewer Board of Appeals Application (PDF)
- Affidavit For Determining the Number of Plumbing Fixtures (PDF)
- Don't Let Your Gas Appliances Starve For Air! (PDF)
- Do I Need a Permit for My Home Project? (PDF)
- The Sound of Safety (PDF)
- Make a Safe Exit (PDF)
- Don't Let Electrical Cords Create A Danger in Your House! (PDF)