20th Annual Dickens' Christmas Festival
Saturday, December 7
Make downtown Mt. Pleasant a part of your holiday tradition!
Come and wander the streets of downtown Mt.Pleasant as the glow of holiday lights settles upon the city with the scent of pine boughs, roasted almonds, and kettle-corn floating in the air and the sound of carolers and holiday merrymakers accompanying your stroll. The Dickens' Christmas Festival has been a tradition in Downtown Mt. Pleasant for 20 years, come celebrate with us!
Keeping with the belief that the holidays are about thanking those people and organizations who give so much over the course of the year, the Dickens’ Christmas Festival committee is pleased to announce United Way of Isabella County as this year’s Lighted Parade Grand Marshal.
- 8:30 a.m. - Dickens’ of a Run beginning at Max and Emily’s
- Click here for run pre-registration
- 9 a.m. to noon - Pancake Breakfast with Santa and his reindeer at Sacred Heart Parish Hall
- Cost is $7 per person; kids under 4 eat free
- 9:30 a.m. - Candy Cane Lane at the Veterans Memorial Library
- 11:30 a.m. - Polar Express story at the Veterans Memorial Library
- 12 p.m. - Polar Express movie at the Veterans Memorial Library
- 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Have a whimsical caricature drawn by local artist Corby Blem
- Located at 117 S. Main (formerly the New Yorker)
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Make and take crafts at Art Reach of Mid Michigan
- Cupcake decorating at Crème de la Crème
- Cookie decorating at Max and Emily’s
- 2 p.m. - Juletide Concert at the CMU School of Music Staples Family Recital Hall
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Live Nativity at Franklin and Broadway
- 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. (except during the parade)
- Hayrides to see the Christmas lights
- Visit Santa at his NEW house! Download the flyer here
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Jack Westbrook Book Signing
- Located at the Book Garden - 114 S. Main Street
- 6 p.m. - Lighted Parade
- Download the parade application click here
- 7 p.m. - Broadway Theatre performance of “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
- United Way of Isabella County's Festival of Trees
Happening throughout the day:
Connect with Downtown Mt. Pleasant on Facebook to get regular updates on this and other events downtown!
Downtown events contact:Michelle Sponseller, Downtown Development Director
Phone: 989-779-5348, ext. 5348