The Economic Development department works with property owners and developers interested in positive growth and redevelopment opportunities. We work to maintain and enhance employment opportunities by retaining and creating jobs, as well as work to diversify and enhance the city's tax base.
If you are interested in what the City's Economic Development plans include. Please take a moment to peruse the documents below.
- Economic Development Action Plan (PDF)
- Central Business District Improvements - Development Plan and Tax Increment Financing Plan (PDF)
- Central Business District Improvements - Development Plan and Tax Increment Financing Appendix (PDF)
We anticipate questions, and welcome your email inquiries or telephone calls. Please let us know how we can be of further assistance to you.
Development opportunity at 410 W. Broadway StreetThe City of Mt. Pleasant welcomes proposals from interested parties for the development of the property at 410 W. Broadway Street (locally known as Parcel B), which is adjacent to the Mt. Pleasant City Hall. Important information includes:
- Proposal Announcement: Details of submittal deadlines and contents of the proposal.
- Conceptual Development Guidelines: As reference to aid in the development of your proposed concept. These guidelines reflect the expectations of the City and its Economic Development Corporation (EDC) Board of Directors for the type of development acceptable for this important parcel.
- Known Easements: To further assist in your project planning, there are several easements known to exist on the parcel as depicted on the attached photo. There may be other encumbrances present that can be revealed by a proper site survey should you be selected to assist the City’s EDC with the development of this property.
- Site elevations
- Cross sections
- The City also has limited additional studies and reports regarding this site (such as an environmental Due Care Plan and Baseline Environmental Assessment) that are available upon request.
Economic Development Incentive Programs
The City of Mt. Pleasant offers a number of incentives available for qualified economic development projects. The exact nature and amount of the potential incentive is determined by the nature of the project, specific program eligibility requirements, availability of funds, approval by the appropriate Board or Commission, the impact of the project to the community and its relationship to public benefit, and other factors. Click here for a brief description of the types of incentives the City could consider for a project.
Additional information about each incentive, as well as more detailed eligibility requirements, is available by contacting the staff member identified at the end of each program description.