The City of Mt. Pleasant maintains several parks for resident and visitor enjoyment. From skateboarding, to a splash park, to everything in between, the City takes great pride in offering fantastic outdoor spaces to it citizens.
GKB Riverwalk Trail/Access Adventure Trail
- Gregory K. Baderschneider Riverwalk Trail
- Trail is 1.8 miles long and runs from Chipp-A-Waters Park to Pickens Field
Canal Street Neighborhood Park902 Canal St.
- Canal Street Park is a 1-acre undeveloped natural open green space neighborhood park adjacent to the Chippewa River.
Horizon Park1535 Sweeney Street
- This 22.5-acre park has three soccer fields, softball field, tennis court, quarter-mile paved fitness trail, football field, playground equipment, and a modern restroom.
- View an aerial map of the park or the facility map.
- This 50-acre park is located at the north end of town behind City Hall and on Main Street. Island Park features:
- Michigan Vietnam Veterans' memorial
- Skate Park
- Spray Park
- Three lighted softball fields
- Four lighted tennis courts
- Two lighted basketball courts
- Four shuffleboard courts
- Eight horseshoe pits
- Timber town playscape
- Play equipment
- Two open-air shelter
- Four small shelters
- Picnic tables
- Two Modern Restrooms
- Canoe Landing
- Fishing Deck
Mill Pond Park607 S. Adams Street
- This 90-acre park is located in the center of the community, bordered by Broadway and High Streets. It is a mostly wooded wetland area with the Chippewa River running through the entire park. The park features a canoe landing, fishing deck, nature trails, playground equipment, open-air shelter, picnic tables, grills and a modern restroom.
Mission Creek Woodland Park1458 N. Harris Street
- This 60-acre park is located on the northwest side of town. This park brings you back to nature, with picturesque scenery that can be enjoyed from the nature trails which wind through hard woods. The park features two open-air shelters, picnic tables, grills, nature trails, sledding hill and an open playfield.
- Hannah’s Bark Park is located within Mission Creek Park, 1458 N. Harris Street. This dog park is a collaborative effort between the City of Mt. Pleasant, Union Township and the Friends of the Dog Park and features a 3.6 acre fenced are separated for large and small dogs. Residents and visitors are WELCOME! Come have fun and meet new friends.
Nelson Park714 W. Broadway Street
- This five-acre park is situated between Island and Mill Pond Park and is centrally located in the city. Its central location makes it easy to visit neighboring parks through a nature trail and a crosswalk. The park features a canoe landing, picnic tables, grills, fishing deck and a modern restroom.
Sunnyside Park1511 Elm Street
- Sunnyside Park is a 17-acre facility complete with a six-field soccer/tee-ball complex, basketball court, playground equipment, a modern restroom, open-air shelter, picnic tables, and grills.
Yost Park206 S. Henry St.
- Yost Park is a 4.5-acre universally accessible facility complete with a 25-space parking lot including additional on-street parking, an updated baseball diamond, a modern restroom facility including an attached open-air shelter furnished with picnic tables and a grill. The facility has many newly planted young trees with plenty of open-play green space within the park. Future plans include the addition of a modern playground.
Chippewa River Water Trail
General Park Hours 8:00 a.m.- 11:00 p.m.
Please be mindful of the City parks ordinances and other City park regulations. To learn more about the city ordinances, please click here.
Park Rules, Facility Rentals & Guidelines
- Park Facility Rental Fees & Amenities (PDF) | Application for use of Park Facility (PDF)
- Shelter Rental Rules & Regs (PDF)
- City Park Ordinances (PDF)
- River Access Rules & Etiquette (PDF)
- Commercial River Access Policy & License (PDF) | Special Use Application (PDF)
- Skate Park Rules
- Geocaching Policy (PDF) | Geocaching Permit (PDF)
- Restroom Closure & Winterization (PDF)
- Riverside Cemetery
City Parks Points of Interest
- Vietnam Vets Memorial
- Island Park Spray Park
- Island Park Skate Park
- GKB Riverwalk Trail/Access Adventure Trail