Planning and Community Development
The Planning and Community Development Department facilitates the physical development of the City. Department staff provides support to the Planning Commission in administering the Master Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. The Department helps citizens and developers better understand development policies and regulations.
The Department assists the various economic development boards such as the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and the TIFA, DDA, EDC, Brownfield Redevelopment Authority.
- Prior to filing an application for Site Plan Review, Special Use Permit, or Rezoning, a pre-application meeting with City staff is required. A regular meeting time slot of Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. is available by appointment. Additional time slots may also be available. Please contact Becky Murphy at (989) 779-5347 or email@example.com to schedule.
- Development Guide
- Site Plan Review Application
- Special Use Permit Application
- Special Use Permit Application - Group Day Care Home
- Rezoning Application
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application