Planning and Community Development
The Planning and Community Development Department facilitates the physical development of the City. Department staff provides support to the Planning Commission in administering the Master Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. The Department helps citizens and developers better understand development policies and regulations.
The Department assists the various economic development boards such as the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and the TIFA, DDA, EDC, Brownfield Redevelopment Authority.
- Prior to filing an application for Site Plan Review, Special Use Permit, or Rezoning a pre-application meeting with City staff is required. Please contact (989) 779-5347 to schedule.
- Site Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Special Use Permit Application (PDF)
- Special Use Permit Application - Group Day Care Home (PDF)
- Guide to Special Use Permits (PDF)
- Rezoning Application (PDF)
- Guide to Rezoning Requests (PDF)
- Zoning Board of Appeals Application (PDF)