Planning and Community Development
The Planning and Community Development Department facilitates the physical development of the City. Department staff provides support to the Planning Commission in administering the Master Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. The Department helps citizens and developers better understand development policies and regulations.
The Department assists the various economic development boards such as the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and the TIFA, DDA, EDC, Brownfield Redevelopment Authority.
- Prior to filing an application for Site Plan Review, Special Use Permit, or Rezoning, a pre-application meeting with City staff is required. At this meeting, staff from Planning, Public Works, Fire, and Building Safety will provide a preliminary review of a site plan, explain zoning requirements, and discuss project timelines. Pre-application meetings often address circumstances that would otherwise result in an application being postponed. A regular meeting time slot of Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. is available by appointment. Additional time slots may also be available. Please contact Becky Murphy at (989) 779-5347 or email@example.com to schedule.
- Appeal Application
- Development Guide
- Site Plan Review Application
- Special Use Permit Application
- Special Use Permit Application - Group Day Care Home
- Rezoning Application
- Variance Application
Target Market Analysis
- The following documents outline the results of a Residential Target Market Analysis (TMA) conducted for the East Central Michigan (ECM) Prosperity Region 5. This study for Region 5 was made possible by the East Michigan Council of Governments (EMCOG), which assists communities with services in Economic and Community Development, Transportation, and Planning.
- East Central Michigan Prosperity Region 5
- Isabella County
- Isabella County - Summary