City of Mt. Pleasant Home

Forms and General Information


All forms may be printed out from your home or office and returned to the appropriate City office via mail, fax, or walk-in.

Special Event Planning
  • If you are planning a special event, visit our Special Events Page to get important information and the necessary forms.
General Information
  • How do I become a Mt. Pleasant Police Officer? Please visit the Human Resources Department (link to HR) for more information.
  • I'm going on vacation. Will the police watch my house? Yes. Click here to access the Police Department's services page.
  • I received a call from someone representing himself as a police officer and asking for donations. Was this call legitimate? The Mt. Pleasant Police Officer's Association does not solicit donations. If you are unsure whether or not a call from another law enforcement organization is legitimate, obtain the caller's name and contact the organization directly.
  • When should I call 911? You should call 911 whenever there is an immediate threat to life or property. If lives are in danger, there are serious injuries, or a crime is in progress, do not hesitate to dial 911. Stay calm and stay on the line. The dispatcher will have important questions to ask you. When in doubt, always dial 911.
  • Do you have any undercover officers? The Mt. Pleasant Police Department has undercover officers and detectives who often investigate crimes in plain clothes.
  • Does Mt. Pleasant have a curfew for juveniles? Yes. Prohibited hours are 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. for children under the age of 12 years, and 12:00 midnight to 6:00 a.m. for children under the age of 16 years, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
  • May I park on city streets at night? No person shall park a vehicle on any street in the City between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. of any day from December 1 to April 1. In addition, no person shall park a vehicle on a street or city lot in the Central Business District between those hours on any day of the year.
  • How can I obtain a copy of an accident report? You may obtain a copy of your accident report for $5 during normal business hours at the DPS business office. You may also obtain a copy of your accident report at the Traffic Crash Purchasing System. You are required to use a credit card for the purchase.