2013 Construction Projects
Construction projects take place throughout the City of Mt. Pleasant annually in order to maintain and improve the City's infrastructure. Updates on these projects will be posted to this page, and also are communicated through door hangers and letters (for residents directly affected by projects), local media, along with the City Facebook page.
Questions about the projects listed below should be directed to the Division of Public Works at 989-779-5401 (unless otherwise noted).
Major Street ProjectsNo Major Street projects are scheduled for 2013.
Local Street ProjectsCenter Drive
Center Drive between Crawford to Watson and from Preston to Center is scheduled for a new base, surface, and curb and gutter replacement.
The City has enlisted the assistance of engineering firm OHM to come up with alternate designs for the intersection. Once received, preliminary designs will be reviewed, followed by the scheduling of a meeting with Center Street residents.
Parking Lot and Alley
Jockey Alley (Parking Lot #2) - Downtown
- Get details about and updates on this project here
Asphalt OverlaysThe existing pavement will be removed and a new layer of asphalt applied on the following streets between May 20 and August 16:
- Andre Street: Mission to Brown - project scheduled to begin the first week of August
- Boulton Street: Maxwell to Adams - project to begin July 12
- Canal Street: Greenbanks to Riverview - project to begin July 12
- Chippewa Street: West Drive to dead end - project scheduled to begin the first week of August
- Maxwell Street: Broadway to Boulton - project to begin July 12
- Preston Street: West Campus to the elevated crosswalk near Franklin St.
- Riverview Street: Canal to Watson - project to begin July 12
- Adams Street: Broadway to High - project scheduled to begin the first week of August
- Park Street: Harris to Boulton - project to begin July 12
Asphalt Crack SealingProject timeline: July 15 through August 9
Various streets will be crack sealed as part of the preventative maintenance program..
Sidewalk ReplacementComplaint locations and ramp replacement along the overlay projects for the year. This project is scheduled to continue through the first week in August.
Sewer Main ReliningSanitary sewer mains will be relined in various locations. This project is scheduled to take place from May 6 to July 3.
Water Main ReplacementNo water main replacement projects are scheduled for 2013.
Paint RestripingVarious streets throughout the City will receive new paint markings this year.
Manhole RehabilitationProject timeline: May 20 through June 14
Various storm manholes will be rehabilitated throughout the City.