2014 Construction Projects
Construction projects take place throughout the City of Mt. Pleasant annually in order to maintain and improve the City's infrastructure. Updates on these projects will be posted to this page, and also are communicated through door hangers and letters (for residents directly affected by projects), local media, along with the City's Facebook and Twitter pages.
Questions about the projects listed below should be directed to the Division of Public Works at 989-779-5401 (unless otherwise noted).
Major Street ProjectsBroadway Street between Bradley and Harris Streets will be reconstructed in 2014. The reconstruction work includes the removal of the existing pavement, curb and gutter, installation of new storm sewer structures, reconstruction of the street, and paving of all drive approaches in the area from the street to the sidewalk. The water main also will be replaced.
Local Street Projects
Center Drive between Crawford and Watson is scheduled for a new base, surface, and curb and gutter replacement.
Franklin Street between Lincoln and Mosher Streets is scheduled for a new base, surface, and curb and gutter replacement.
New pedestrian lighting will be installed on Washington Street between Bellows and High Streets. The project will likely begin in February.
Asphalt OverlaysA new layer of asphalt will be applied on the following streets:
- Bruce Street: Harris to Henry
- Cooley Street: Broadway to dead end
- Franklin Street: Andre to Lincoln
- Glen Street: Crescent to Preston
- Kinney Street: Andre to High
- Pennsylvania Street: Harris to Henry
- Robert Street: Harris to Henry
- Sansote Street: May to dead end
Asphalt Crack SealingVarious streets will be crack sealed as part of the preventative maintenance program.
Sidewalk - New
New sidewalks will be installed at the following locations:
- Andre Street – Lansing to Fancher
- Bellows Street – Crapo to Flynn Lane
- Bennett Street – Franklin to Lansing
- Cherry Street – Kinney to Arnold
- Crapo Street – Broadway to Illinois
- Crosslanes Street – Fancher to Kinney, Arnold to Mission
- Eastwood – Preston to Elizabeth
- Elizabeth Street – Broadway to Michigan, Michigan to Illinois
- Flynn Lane – Crapo to Bellows
- Franklin Street – Pickard to Palmer
- Illinois Street – Mission to Arnold, Elizabeth to Brown
- May Street – Main to University
- Michigan Street – Elizabeth to Brown
- Palmer Street – Mission to Brown
- Lincoln Street – Franklin to Lansing
- Thomas Street – Maple to South Drive