City Master Plan
The City’s Master Land Use Plan, or Master Plan, is a policy document adopted by the Planning Commission and City Commission to plan for the growth and development of the City. The City periodically reviews the document to assure that it is remaining current with emerging development trends and changing economic conditions.
2012 Master Plan Update
The Master Plan was completely updated in 2006, and while much of the plan remains valid, the Planning Commission and City Commission have determined that an update focusing on a few key issues is warranted. Over the course of the next year, the City will update the plan to include:
- updated demographic information, to reflect the 2010 U.S. Census;
- a continued focus on supporting new development and redevelopment of properties, as well as improved safety and access, along Mission Street;
- reviewing neighborhood priorities;
- integrating the priorities of the various groups that support the development of Downtown;
- planning for the future development of the Mt. Pleasant Center;
- consideration of the recommendations of the Greater Mt. Pleasant Non-Motorized Transportation Plan; and
- identifying and prioritizing future ordinance amendments that will support the planned development of the City.