City of Mt. Pleasant Snapshot
- City: 7.9 square miles
- County: 572 square miles
- January Averages: high 29, low 13
- July Averages: high 84, low 58
- Average Annual Rainfall: 30 inches
- Snowfall: 36 inches
- Financial institutions in the area include: Chemical Bank Michigan, Fifth/Third Bank, FirstBank, Independent Bank, Isabella Bank, Isabella Community Credit Union, PNC Bank, NU Union, Members First Credit Union, Lake Trust Credit Union
- Over 60 county-wide, representing many denominations
- Housing is affordable and diverse, from historical homes with mature trees in stable neighborhoods of single-family homes to condominium subdivisions and apartment dwellings.
- Saginaw-Chippewa Indian Tribe; Central Michigan University, Morbark Industries, The Delfield Company, Meijer Corporation, LaBelle Management, CME Corporation, Unified Brands
- Mt. Pleasant has established itself as a regional shopping center. There are also larger shopping centers within easy driving distance.
- 1 daily: The Morning Sun
- 1 weekly: Shepherd Argus
- 1 on-campus: Central Michigan Life
- WCFX, WJR/WPLT, WMMI/WCZY, WUPS, WPRJ
Hotels & Motels
- WCMU Public TV
- Cable service: Charter Communications
- More than one dozen, including conference and banquet sites. Get more information here.
- US-127 (north/south expressway)
- M-20 (east/west highway)
- Mt. Pleasant Municipal Airport (City-operated); basic transport airport; AWAS; VOR; self-serve 24-hour jet and aviation fueling system; 5,000-foot runway; maintenance available on the field